Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My first post

Greetings and salutations to all out in blog land! I find life humorous most of the time. I used to relentlessly tease people who blog... and now here I am blogging my heart out for Eng 241! Life is beautiful.
I'm Hilarie. When my father was asked to describe me he said, " how do you stop a cruise missile powered with enthusiasm?" I love life and I love learning. I am 29 and my son, Prestan, is the center of my world. I enjoy anything that has to do with the arts. I love to read, sing and write poetry. I do charcoal and chalk drawings. I am always listening to music but theatre is my main passion. After I am done at JSRCC I will transfer to VCU and continue on to earn my BA in theatre. For now I am 29, unemployed and I live in my parents basement. (Impressive resume... don't you think?!) While attending JSRCC I am completing the American Sign Language Interpreter Education Program for my certificate and AAS degree. I am also earning my AA in Liberal Arts at the same time.
Last spring I took Literature in the U.S. deaf community. It will be interesting to see how these parallel each other. They take place around the same time period. I look forward to getting to know all my classmates better!

No comments:

Post a Comment