Monday, October 12, 2009

Reflection: Week 6

Week 6 reflection:
“To be awake is to be alive. I came to die only to discover that I had not lived. I wanted to live deep; to suck all the marrow out of life.” (Thoreau) Last week I was reminded of what really matters and what is essential to living the fullest life. To me this quote by Thoreau summarizes how I was living my life and how I feel now. I have completely changed the direction of my life in the last two and a half years. I wasn’t doing anything with my life. I didn’t have any goals. I wasn’t headed anywhere but to a future of misery and loneliness. Like Thoreau, I realized I was going to die and look back and see I had never really lived my life the way God intended me to. I know I have been blessed with the love of learning, with a passion for the arts and the ability to create and inspire others. I wake up in the morning excited to see what the day will bring, who I can reach out to and what ways I can make life better for me and those within my sphere of influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment