Monday, October 5, 2009

The Sublime --

I find myself in the midst of the sublime. My heart skips a beat. Butterflies cause unease in my stomach. When I picture his face I can almost feel his lips on mine again. When we lay in each others arms it is as if the rest of the world has fallen away or stopped existing. That moment is all there is. It is all consuming. It is bliss.

The first moment I saw him, he caught my eye. In that instant I was drawn to him. Yet, I proceeded with caution and he approached me. I looked up at his handsome face and smiled into his eyes. Those eyes are captivating. Those eyes are gentle and genuine. They are a crazy green- brown and can see right into my soul. When he smiles it shows in those eyes. They do not judge; they do not assume.

Then he spoke. Could it be possible this man, this incredible individual, could give me a run for my money. He oozes enthusiasm. He is like this ball of energy and it is contagious. The evening is a whirl wind of music and lights, of smiles and laughter. The connection is instantaneous and the night marches on. A slow song together is followed by a gentle embrace. It is an embrace that communicates more than words could at that point. Confidence. Sincerity. Intrigue. Desire. Two people close to one another. Two hearts pound as the dance floor becomes our private playground.

This is just the beginning. This is the start of something wonderful, amazing and ethereal. Did God, himself, have a hand in this? Was this meeting, this union, blessed from above? I feel as if I slumbered; only remotely aware of all the goings on around me. I am awake for the first time in a long time. Life has new meaning. Endless hours of conversation are followed by days of pondering, wishing, hoping and dreaming.

Can falling in love be compared to jumping from a plane? Yes! If when you fall in love you fall all the way. If the fall into love is done with your whole heart with no walls to impede the descent, the intensity can rival that jump from a plane. Love can be all consuming and override every emotion. It can transform you and change the world around you. It is more powerful and lasts longer than the jump. It is even more frightening because a broken leg heals faster and easier than a broken heart. It is worth it. All the way!

That fall into love is more treasured than the jump. The jump is planned, scheduled and calculated. All the risks are weighted, the liability forms are signed and every precaution is taken. The fall into love can come at any moment and no one knows which corner it is waiting behind. It comes out of nowhere and grabs a hold of your heart, your mind and your soul. There is no warning. It takes you by surprise, knocks you off your feet and you never know what to expect out of this thrill ride. Climb in and hang on. Throw caution to the wind. Commit to give all of yourself to the experience and live with love in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment