Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Committe review and discussion Week: 4

I, the unofficial and self appointed, Pennsylvania Committee crier ring my bell and stand up on my soap box. Greetings to one and all.

Committee member Connie, I enjoyed how your essay pointed out continued learning throughout life. “Therefore, to live is to be learning.” It is true that just simply being a live should mean you are a student. Unfortunately, many people walk around blind to life’s learning opportunities. I was looking for you to mention Emerson’s three main points of being a true scholar which were love of nature, reading books to expand your mind and putting action to belief. Only then can we really live. I agree Emerson is difficult to read and I get frustrated. Reading his essays forces me outside my comfort zone and I have to really think about the material I am reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment