Monday, September 14, 2009

Committee review and discussion: week 3

I, the unofficial and self appointed, Pennsylvania Committee crier ring my bell and stand up on my soap box. Greetings to one and all.
To be the best us we have to know where we have been and who we are to know where we are going and who we want to be. If you want to drive to California you can’t point your car towards Alaska because you will never get there.

Committee member Jennie, it takes great insight for you to realize and admit that, at 19, you really haven’t had the kind of life experiences that make us who we are but I am proud of you that you have a very clear picture of the best you, you want to be! I hope you do become a trustworthy, fun person who is not afraid to try new things and doesn’t stress over the little things. You will make an excellent mother and wife when you have big heart and you be yourself. I loved this part of your essay, “There are so many positive sides on the road of life; I don’t want to stress out about the tiny pot holes that interrupt it.” It was very poetic. Good job!

Committee member Connie, I also grew up in a house where there wasn’t a lot of money but there was a lot of love and a lot of hard work. I loved that you used Emerson’s quote, “man’s failure to see light is caused by standing in his own shadow.” We often are the person standing in our own way and stopping ourselves from succeeding. My sister, brother and best friend are all R.N.’s Nursing does foster compassion and growth. Not all people can say they are proud of who they are. I know I couldn’t for a long time but I am able to say it now. That is one of the key elements of being the best you. You have to love yourself and be proud of who you are. Good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment